Mandala Community Weaving © was conceived and designed by artist Sarah Haskell. It has been presented to groups of every age and ability. Developed to create an artistic and symbolic expression of a community, projects have been offered in hospitals, schools, nursery schools, community organizations and festivals.
Each Mandala Community Weaving project is an unique expression of the spirit of the group which creates it. From the colors of the weaving, to the representations of people, to the shapes of woven areas and textures of the weaving, the completed Mandala is a symbol and celebration of each community.
For more details:
- Why Mandala - the history of this powerful symbol
- Project - what a Mandala Community Weaving project involves
- Resources - how to bring a Mandala Community Weaving Project to your community
- Gallery - some examples of past projects
- Contact me - I would be happy to lead your group or community in a Mandala Community Weaving project. I can also provide materials for you to facilitate your own project. For example, if you are part of a school district, I can provide training and materials to teachers who wish to run their own projects.
© 2006 Sarah Haskell