As an arts educator, I help people of all ages and abilities to discover the joys of weaving. Using readily available, inexpensive materials and equipment, I teach people how to create weavings, from large collaborative tapestries to small personal weavings. I have found that these art experiences provide people with a forum for building self-esteem, an awareness of their own lives and of their interconnectedness to our planet.
I offer five different types of programs. Please read the following to see which is best for you.
- Workshops: a one-time or series of sessions that focuses on a specific technique or project. This can be in a school or institutional setting or in my studio as a private coaching session for technical weaving projects.
- Residencies: a multiple-day program in a school or institution creating a final project and designed in collaboration with teachers and staff.
- Mandala Community Weaving©: developed to create an artistic and symbolic expression of a community, projects have been offered in hospitals, schools, nursery schools, community organizations and festivals.
- Arts and Healing: a positive art experience for patients, staff and/or healthcare communities provided at bedside, in clinics, outpatient areas, common areas or waiting rooms.
- Community Art: an event for groups of individuals that share a common environment, a common goal or an event and who want to create a work of art as a community.
Please contact me with questions and for more information about my teaching.